4.08.2011

Day One Hundred Twenty Two

Friday, Friday, Friday! Where did this week run away to? It felt like both an incredibly long week, and one that barely lasted a minute. After a lovely evening out, I returned home to rush for a piece of tag-board, a pencil, and my box of pastels.

Today’s word struck me because, when applied to a character, it is generally a negative adjective. I wanted to change this with today’s piece, and emphasize the breath-taking, glamorous, and gorgeous aspect of today’s word.

round adj. curved; circular; spherical. v. To become round; to surround. adv. Throughout; prescribed duties, places, or actions.



Drawing inspiration from my latest obsession with Billie Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald, Nina Simone, B.B. King, Edith Piaf and the like, I illustrated a voluptuous, glamorous, singer for today’s piece.





I love the addition of the red dress; I think it makes her pop out from the page. Written around her as a background are the lyrics to “Lover Man”, sung by Billie Holiday.

I hope you enjoyed today’s piece; thank you for reading!

Xx
-r

No comments:

Post a Comment