4.14.2011

Day One Hundred Twenty Eight

Ah, the rain has come and gone. I feel caught in some sort of strange limbo; having all the time in the world and no time at all. Is this what comes with managing your own life? Hmm. I spent the day sifting through old 45’s, finding so much music I didn’t know I owned. It was like Christmas all over again. Well, I believe it’s time to get started on today’s post...

Today’s word reminded me of the best kind of old man. (What a sentence, eh?) The kind that sits grumpily in an old chair, puffing away on a smooth, worn pipe. I could imagine such a man slowly sighing out adventure stories between draws of smoke. I thought I’d put a twist on this scene for today’s illustration.

Oh, yes. Knowing the word may help you to understand what I’m talking about...

puff n. A brief discharge of air or smoke. v. To breathe in short heavy breaths.   



In keeping with my usual characters, I decided to draw a somewhat strange, spunky girl for today’s piece. I liked the idea of her acting masculine while being truly delicate and feminine.




I added the bowtie and shoulders to give a little more to the piece, and prevent the “floating head” look. I like the way her eyes came out, and the attitude with which she is smoking.

I hope you enjoyed today’s post; thank you for reading!

Xx
-r

No comments:

Post a Comment