4.11.2011

Day One Hundred Twenty Five

There probably is not a way to tell you that I spend the entire day cleaning my room without it reflecting badly on my room-upkeep skills (and/or my concentration skills), but that is the sad truth. Ah, well. It needed to be done. I took a break for dinner and the last few seconds of House, and then got down to business.

I wasn’t really sure what to do with today’s word until I read through the definition. At first glance, it seemed rather boring but not without potential; after reading a little more, I knew the perfect use for it (or a variation of it)!

drawer n. One that draws pictures; a sliding box or receptacle in furniture. drawers pl. An article of clothing for the lower body.



After a short-lived internal debate over freedom of artistic expression and maintaining a certain level of appropriateness (guess what won?) I began to draw.




I love the simplicity of this drawing, and the (almost) innocent way in which it is provocative. I kept the color to a minimum; wanting to avoid busying-up the piece, and wanting to highlight the...er...“drawers”.

I hope you enjoyed today’s post; thank you for reading!

Xx
-r

No comments:

Post a Comment