4.10.2011

Day One Hundred Twenty Four

Goodbye and good riddance, Sunday! Not that today was bad, but I’m ready to give this whole work-week thing another shot. (I’m pretty sure last week’s effort amounted to about 3 hours of actual work time...oops.) I spent the day with my mother and younger brothers, planting seeds, jumping cars, and, well, dressing up:



So, with it being this late and all, I think it’s about time I begin today’s post.

The word of the day was just awesome for the jerky transition to spring we’ve been experiencing here in Lawrence. As the weather turns from snow, to rain, to blistering heat and back again, we all struggle to adapt.

ther-mo-stat n. A device that automatically responds to temperature changes and activates equipment such as air conditioners and furnaces to adjust the temperature to correspond with the setting on the device.



Hah! I couldn’t help but chuckle as my eyes settled on this word. I decided to use the relentless wind that battered us all day as inspiration for this piece, and incorporate also an element of weather that I have always enjoyed-rain.




I sketched the piece first, and then went over it in pen. I then used an old bottle of diluted blue paint and dripped it onto the page. I like the contrast between the stillness and peace of the paint droplets and the stormy chaos represented in the illustration.

I hope you enjoyed today’s post, and thank you for reading.

Xx
-r

No comments:

Post a Comment