4.28.2011

Day One Hundred Forty Two

I have no energy.
Dad says it’s the Bukowski; I think it’s the fact that summer is coming and I have no desire to keep working after this semester. Either way, the diet of black coffee and raw almonds isn’t helping much. (Dear concerned parent/s, I’m exercising some artistic license with that one-I think I had a quesadilla today.)  

I’ve been using my fine pen to shade a bit more than usual; everything I draw now taking on the look of wood. I’m rather enjoying the change, although things have gotten darker. I used this technique with today’s piece, but kept the overall look fairly thin and delicate in the process.

gin-ger-ly adv. Doing something very cautiously.  



Immediately, I thought of long, thin fingers gingerly grasping something light and fragile. I decided to go with a couple of Dr. Seuss-like flowers.





I had to make the hand extra strange to cover the fact that I simply cannot draw hands (yet). Ah, well...it’s...interesting.

I hope you enjoyed today’s post; thanks for reading!

Xx
-r

No comments:

Post a Comment