4.22.2011

Day One Hundred Thirty Six

I believe today is Friday.
 Looking back, I cannot say how I really felt about this week, but I’m truly glad it’s finally over.
I spent the rainy, dreary portion of today writing a (not so short) short story; only to realize I wasn’t supposed to be writing a short story after all. So much enthusiasm, so little time [to read directions properly]. Ah, well...at least I got an interesting creation out of the deal.

So, after a long day/week/year/life, I settled down in front of the television (because the best art is made while ½ your brain is slowly microwaving) to find today’s word. The “word” ended up being “words”, as I found a set that pulled me back into the winter. As much as I despise the red-nosed, shivering, whiny creature I become in the depths of winter, I really do enjoy the layering; the beauty of being able to wear all of my favorite clothing...at one time...

bundle up v. To dress warmly, usually using many layers of clothing.



I began to draw a Russian-looking character; bundled up close against a harsh winter.



I added sort of outrageous pink pastel to her cheeks to emphasize the sting of a cold wind. As an afterthought, I colored her legs a flat red; the idea of bright colors in the snow (Are they tights? Or perhaps a union suit?) and I think her legs stand out as sort of a strange element. I like the way this turned out, but I’m glad to be heading away from all of this business for a little while.

I hope you enjoyed today’s post; thank you for reading!

Xx
-r 

1 comment:

  1. This one's got a great graphic punch Ruby! It would make a sweet holiday card.....

    ReplyDelete