4.24.2011

Day One Hundred Thirty Eight

I’ve spent the last few days feeling an intense need to write. Unfortunately (with the exception of this blog) everything I write either ends up erased, scratched out, or crumpled up... I’m not sure what’s trying to make its way from my subconscious to paper, but it’s definitely an interesting, not to mention extremely frustrating experience. Despite this frustration, today was a lovely day.

Today’s word was a little strange and threw me creatively quite a bit. I toyed with several rather disgusting ideas before settling on a milder take.

in-nards pl. n. Slang The internal organs or parts of the body; the inner parts of a machine.



Inspired by the antics of my four brothers, I was tempted to go all-out, road kill nasty on this one. However, sedated somewhat by a heavenly mixture of chicory coffee and vanilla ice cream, my mood called for something a little less graphic.





I went with a more subtle, funny take on “innards” by emphasizing the absence of them. She seems a bit shy, and a little confused by the fact that she misses her middle. I added the sketchy background to balance out the negative space. Although unintended, it ended up reminding me of the Northern Lights because of how the lines formed into ribbon-like patters.
I hope you enjoyed today’s post; thanks for reading.

Xx
-r 

No comments:

Post a Comment