4.13.2011

Day One Hundred Twenty Seven

Ah, a lovely day with lovely people. I managed to get a bit of work done, and headed home from the lake to work on some art! I am currently drowning out the history channel in the living room with the sounds of Edith Piaf...so far, I am unsuccessful. Oh, well.


Today’s word made me reflect on all of the alien movies I’d seen (most of them, admittedly, corny). Although it’s a subject that has been churned through the systems of society for longer than I care to imagine, I enjoyed working with today’s word.

UFO n. An unidentified flying object such as a space ship from another planet in science fiction films.



I thought about that moment, when characters are “taken”-beamed upward into the mysterious interior of a space ship. No matter how distraught they seemed before, or how intent they were on escaping, their bodies always seemed to relax; to have this peaceful look as they were pulled upward into the air. Maybe it’s just my imagination, but that’s the way I remember things. So, for today’s piece, I decided to illustrate this type of feeling.





I left her dress light and airy and her face blank to avoid distracting details. I like the way her arms are outstretched; as if to balance. I used a plain pencil to shade the outer edges of the tagboard and highlight the UFO’s “beam”.

As always, I hope you enjoyed today’s post; I sincerely thank you for reading.

Xx
-r

No comments:

Post a Comment