4.23.2011

Day One Hundred Thirty Seven

Today was spent how most good Saturdays should be spent; outside getting sweaty and dirty. We spent the day on the sailboat; removing the current covering of the boat’s interior walls. Dusty and dirty, we huddled inside the bow, masks on, scraping away.  



Settling down, exhausted and glassy-eyed, I began today’s piece. Today’s word really resonated with me, and I knew immediately what I wanted to portray. I hoped to avoid the hipster, Kerouac-wannabe take on today’s word and so decided to do an old west take on it.

way-far-er n. A person who travels on foot.



With only a chewed-up pen at my disposal, I gave up on planning and simply started to draw.





 Beginning with the image of the man, I worked outwards from there to create the shaded path. As an afterthought, I added a small moon and a few stars in the sky.
I like his bowlegged stance, and the dusty weight of the trail stretched out in the night behind him.

Thanks for reading; I hope you enjoyed today’s post!

Xx
-r  

No comments:

Post a Comment