4.26.2011

Day One Hundred Forty

Hm. I believe I lost today somewhere. If you find it, please let me know.

Today’s word, although simple, set me off on a piece that changed as I continued to work towards its finish.

bun n. Any of a variety of plain or sweet small breads; tightly rolled hair that resembles a bun.



So, I decided to go with the latter definition, and put a vintage spin on it. I loved the old-fashioned, crazy-high swirls of hair seen often in the 40’s.



Deciding to draw the character from the front, I was only able to show a little peek of “bun” around the side of her head. I like way her mouth turned to a little sly smile. Without a better idea, I added my own name to an art deco-style sign behind her.

I hope you enjoyed today’s post; thanks for reading!

Xx
-r

No comments:

Post a Comment