4.17.2011

Day One Hundred Thirty One

We spent today (or at least the beginning of it) setting fire to a vast expanse of prairie. As it is time to burn the native grasses to allow them to grow back taller and fuller the next year, I headed out into the country to photograph this taking place.





Returning home exhausted, windblown and smelling strongly of smoke, I sat down to work on today’s piece.

I decided to launch right into the art today, without thinking too much about what exactly I wanted to end up with (which is ironic, considering today’s word)...

care-ful adj. Exercising care; cautious; watchful.



I threw aside my pencil (and with it my ability to edit the piece along the way) and picked up an old pen. I went with the idea of a character being careful and whimsical at the same time, and decided to illustrate a balancing act.





I like the simplicity of this piece, and may continue to work with this idea so as to polish it further. (Maybe a pencil would help, after all...)

Thanks for reading; I hope you enjoyed today’s post. Have a lovely Monday!

Xx
-r

No comments:

Post a Comment