4.21.2011

Day One Hundred Thirty Five

Today, I managed to get a hold of some Dektol, and get a bit of schoolwork done. Although it was rainy and dreary, I fought the urge to curl up and sleep. Fighting that urge for a bit longer, I’ve settled down to bring you today’s post.

The word was a funny one, and a word I wouldn’t normally want to illustrate. But, as this blog is meant to expand the limits of my creative skill, I decided to forge onward.

light show n. A display of colored lights in kaleidoscopic patterns, often accompanied by film, slides, or music.



I sketched a simple character singing into a mic and crouching low so as to emphasize the lights behind her. Then, I took multiple colors of pastels to really play up the psychedelic nature of light shows.




I’m not quite sure how I like today’s piece; I’m unhappy with my current drawing pens, as they tend to run and blur details. Ah, well, there’s always a next time.

Thanks for reading; I hope you enjoyed today’s post.

Xx
-r

No comments:

Post a Comment