4.01.2011

Day One Hundred Fifteen

Apologies, dear readers, for both the lateness of this post and its therefore inferior quality in terms of this artist’s writing ability. Today’s word was perfect! I knew exactly what to create the second I saw it. Yet, as I marveled at its wondrousness, I couldn’t help but entertain the sneaking suspicion that this word had been featured before! Maybe I’ve just lost what’s left of my mind due to sleep and food deprivation, but this word seemed familiar:

fas-ci-nate v. to attract irresistibly, as by beauty or other qualities; to captivate; to hold motionless; to spellbind.



Nevertheless, I forged on. The idea of creating a piece showing a young character being “fascinated” by a beautiful and rare occurrence really appealed to me. So, I decided to create just that.





I love the way this turned out! I decided to do both a front and profile view of this character in order to be better able to convey the sense of wonder and beauty that this butterfly created in this moment.

As usual, thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed the post.

Xx
-r


No comments:

Post a Comment