2.28.2011

Day Eighty Three

Ah, long Monday. I rose early, but made up for it in time wasted with distractions. I managed to get quite a bit of work done, though, AND came along quite a bit on a new piece of art:




Before I fall asleep, I’ll go ahead and share today’s sketch with ya.

fake adj. Having a fake or misleading appearance; not genuine. v. To make a brief, deceptive movement in order to mislead one’s opponent in certain sports.



“Fake” made me immediately think of a doll. I decided to stick with just a bust in order to make it more obvious that the figure was a doll and not a person. I believe my cousin and I shared one of those Barbie makeup/hairstyle practice plastic heads when I was younger; I remember us giving her “cat eye” eyeliner and piercing her nose. I think she was probably the coolest Barbie to ever exist. I drew on this memory for today’s doll. Although she is not that edgy, she’s a little cooler than the average Barbie.




I liked the addition of the cardboard box in order to make it a little creepier. I wanted to make it look like she had just been unpacked.

I hope you had a decent Monday; thanks for reading!
Xx
-r

No comments:

Post a Comment