2.17.2011

Day Seventy Two

What a beautiful day!! As I made my way to the downtown area this afternoon, it seemed that the town had come alive. There was a miraculous energy in the air-crowds of people gathered in the streets seemingly only to embrace the warmth that has settled upon us. I was kicking myself for ignoring the ONLY rule when it comes to being a photographer-ALWAYS carry your camera! In favor of convenience, I left my poor Pentax in my room and regretted it all afternoon. I shy away from taking pictures with my cell phone with the idea that, one-it makes me look like a stereotypical youth and, two-if I were to get a great shot, the quality would be so low that it would only serve to remind me of the fact that I was too lazy to bring my $%&# camera! Oh well, I think I will remember today.

Before I begin today’s post, I must first apologize. I believe I’m stuck in a rut

stuck in a rut

stuck in a rut

stuck in a rut

yeah...you get the point...
anyway, I’m stuck in a rut with my art and this blog at the moment. Maybe it’s just spring coming along, but I feel the need to shrug everything off, toss everything aside, and go with my true passion. What is my TRUE passion? Oh, how the circle of thought keeps going. Alright, enough of this frantic re-hashing. It’s time for today’s word...

sur-ren-der v. To give up or yield possession of power. n. The act of surrendering.  



I sat, and stared at my paper, and continued to sit... But, the overwhelming theme in my mind was the classic white flag associated with surrender. Maybe it was just the persistent winds today, but I kept picturing a small character holding a flagpole in surrender.





I like the windy look of her skirt, but realized later that the direction of the skirt and the direction of the flag don’t make much sense as far as realistic wind patterns are concerned. Oh well, this is art, isn’t it? Hm.
Well, readers, have a great night. Enjoy the coming storms-I know I will!

Xx
-r

No comments:

Post a Comment