2.23.2011

Day Seventy Eight

Today, as usual, was an “art day”. This meant that, for the first time in over a month, my poor neglected darkroom received some long overdue attention. 


I managed to print one photograph before the lovely weather pulled me outside.



I’m not quite sure about this one. It was taken from inside of a cab while driving through New York City. I’m not exactly sure if it’s possible for the first-time viewer to understand what is going on in this picture. Sorry for the fuzzy photograph. Thoughts?

Before I had even found today’s word, I knew I wanted to do something different for today’s piece. Liking my experiment with using photography as a medium for The Ink Drop, I decided to repeat the experiment. As soon as I’d found my word, I knew I’d be able to find a good scene.

lin-e-ar per-spec-tive n. A technique in painting and drawing in which parallel lines converge to give the illusion of distance and depth.



So, no matter how much of a cliché it was, I decided to focus on alleys and train tracks in order to show a dramatic example of linear perspective. Before I left the house, I ran an old piece of paper through my typewriter so that I could carry today’s word (and the definition) with me while I shot. 

It got a bit dirty throughout the day...

After a few hours, I came up with a few good shots. 






Although I like them all, I really thought two of them, in particular, worked best with today's word:




I really loved today’s project; it was a great exercise to have to shoot with a particular purpose in mind. I’m glad to have enjoyed this lovely mild weather before we get hit with about 3 inches of snow tomorrow. I’ve enjoyed beginning to shoot again; it seems like it’s been ages since I’ve shot steadily.

Hope you enjoyed today’s post; thanks for reading.
Enjoy your night!!
Xx
-r

1 comment:

  1. Ruby! I LOVE these photographs! I'd love to see them blown up HUGE and in a show...six feet tall at least!!
    Love A. Liza

    ReplyDelete