2.22.2011

Day Seventy Seven

After yet another long, long school day (Is is ONLY Tuesday???) and a short break for dinner, it was time to begin today’s piece. Earlier this afternoon, I had been sorting through my supplies and found a couple teeny little canvases. Because they were so adorable, and because I grew tired of the same flat pieces of paper, I wanted to try one out.

Originally, I had more of a classic idea of subject matter upon seeing today’s word but, after beginning to sketch, I decided to keep one of my mamas in mind and go with something a little more interesting.

Oh, right...today’s word...

ear-ring n. A piece or jewelry which is worn on the earlobe for decoration.



First, I sketched the ear in pencil. I added a few little circles to balance out the space.





Then, I painted in the drawing. Finding myself without any sufficiently tiny brushes, I broke the “heads” off of a few q-tips and used the sticks to paint with. I think, at first, I didn’t realize how difficult it would be to get the coloration of green glass to be believable. At the end, I still hadn’t reached my goal. I think I could improve a lot on this piece, but I do like the way that this painting came out.





Although I probably would not stretch (STRETCH! not GAUGE, people..."gauge" is NOT a verb) my ears to this extent, I have always thought it looked beautiful. 

I hope you enjoyed today’s post; thanks for reading!

Xx
-r

No comments:

Post a Comment