2.04.2011

Day Fifty Nine

I am gearing up for the midnight movie downtown-they’re showing Donnie Darko. So, I figured I’d better get this thing done before I go!
 Yesterday’s word has taken me in a new direction. I pursued the “creepy” idea in a new sketch today. I'm not quite finished yet...



Well it seems, at least temporarily, that the Ink Drop has taken on a freaky theme. I’ll tell you today’s word before I get around to explaining myself.

sex-tet n. A group of six people or things; music written for six performers.



Because I decided I did not want to illustrate a band, or musicians, I thought a lot about what else could fit reasonably into the definition of “sextet”. And then, I realized...babies! Or, rather, children. Because the idea of six identical (almost) children is pretty creepy in and of itself, I decided to take the “creepy” a big step further.





I got a huge kick out of my dad’s reaction; “Sextet? But there’s only five...wait...oh...ohhh...eeh.” I decided against inking in order to preserve the softness of the drawing. I liked the effects of pastel on the girls; it’s easy to create a girly, soft, blended look.

I hope you enjoyed (ish) today’s post. Thanks so much for reading!!

Xx
-r

1 comment:

  1. be careful at your brothers' house.....

    ReplyDelete