2.03.2011

Day Fifty Eight

Had a nice afternoon with the auntie today. I don’t have much to share about today, so I’ll just start on in on this blog post.

Today’s word was sort of..."hmm"... I looked at it and thought “Aw dang it...well...yeah...alright fine. Let’s do this.” I wasn’t sure I really wanted to illustrate this word, but decided that it could work (in kind of a sick way) with my newer style. Curious about the word?

pain  n.  The unpleasant feeling resulting from injury or disease; any distress or suffering of the mind; sorrow.    v. To cause or experience pain.



I decided to just go all-out with it. Well, not exactly all-out but definitely painful. I was inspired to start on a series of these drawings. I like to create art that is strange or different and I think today’s piece does that. I think the level of discomfort the viewer responds with when seeing this piece is interesting. I don’t really love comfortable art. Okay, now for the photo:





I sketched her in pencil normally to get the proportions as correct as I could, and then re-drew the leg in a broken position. If I were to do this piece again, I would work harder on showing more emotion in her face. I used a fine tipped pen to sketch the detail onto the tights after I had inked the drawing. I hope you enjoyed reading today’s post. Thanks for stopping by!

Xx
-r

No comments:

Post a Comment