2.20.2011

Day Seventy Five

Where did this weekend go? I’m 100% sure that someone snuck in and stole about 20 hours from me. Grr! Oh, well. Today’s word went perfectly with this confusion, and what I’m sure I will struggle with tomorrow.

This word, of course, brought to mind a large stack of books, and the frustrations that every school child faces.
Before I continue, I will tell you the word...

ed-u-ca-tion n. The process of being educated.



As I thought about starting into this week’s work, the things I dwelled on the most were the distractions I continually face. Being a student whose education (or lack thereof) is pretty much entirely up to me, I know all about the temptation to throw down the books and go play in the sun. For today’s piece, I wanted to illustrate struggling with the temptation to walk out on the boring stuff in favor or something more immediately rewarding.






I liked that she looked as if she was almost buried by the books in this drawing.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you have a great last few hours of your weekend.

Xx
-r

No comments:

Post a Comment