2.21.2011

Day Seventy Six

To say today was a long day would be a gross understatement. After finishing school around 7 (I’m not sure I’ll really finish school in 5 weeks with a workload like that) I took a short break for dinner and an episode of House. After finishing a delicious chocolate chip cookie, it was time to get to work.

I flipped through the dictionary exhaustedly, and came to a stop at a word that went well with the lingering chocolate chip cookie taste in my mouth.

ta-ble-spoon  n. A unit of measurement; large spoon for serving food.



It made me think of the excited anticipation that comes with beginning to bake a delicious dessert. With every added ingredient, you push closer to creating something delicious. Although I have not baked in a while I know this feeling well; often, as a young kid, if I wanted a cookie, I had to make one (with the aid of my mother calling out directions from the other room). I remember pulling a freshly baked cookie from the tray and, seemingly impervious to any amount of tongue-searing molten chocolate chips, chowing down.




I wanted to illustrate this feeling of excitement in today’s piece. I used my amazing white pen to add a little shine to the eyes and convey a sense of the eyes’ direction.

I hope you enjoyed today’s post; thanks for reading!!
I hope your Tuesday goes better than mine is most likely to!
Xx
-r

No comments:

Post a Comment