2.15.2011

Day Seventy

Ah, day seventy. I’m not sure what it is about every time I reach another ten days, I’m disappointed in what I create. Oh well, that’s just how it goes.

After a long, long day stuck in the house, it was time to work on today’s post. Today’s word reminded me of a phase of drawing ridiculous eyelashes I’d gone through a while back, and I decided to repeat it today.

feath-er n. One of the light, hollow-shafted structures that form the covering of birds.



I began by drawing a figure at the center and then adding vertical pencil lines and a few feathers around her to add a background.




Although this is not my favorite piece, it’s growing on me a little. Her hair never quite seemed to fit in; it reminds me of my own hair the morning after going to bed with it wet-chaotic.

Thank you for reading; I hope you enjoyed today’s post.
Xx
-r

No comments:

Post a Comment