2.14.2011

Day Sixty Nine

I believe that I have a love-hate relationship with Valentine’s Day. Being an absolute girly-girl at heart, I love the opportunities (in fashion and art) for cuteness that Valentine’s Day brings. On the other hand, the forced and awkward nature of this holiday has always frustrated me. Nevertheless, I couldn’t help but create a Valentine’s-y sketch for today’s piece.

tights pl., n. A skintight stretchable garment, covering the lower half of the body.



As I was looking around for a piece of paper on which to create today’s piece, my eyes passed over the pile of Valentine-making supplies lying on the floor. Sifting through the pile, I happened upon a cute little white doily with the perfect amount of clean, white space at the center. Perfect! Having had my fill of the color red, I decided to keep it simple and go with my staple: black and white.





I wanted to illustrate a few different kinds of tights with this piece, so I chose three different patterns. I hope you enjoyed today’s post and had a fun Valentine’s Day.
Thank you for reading!
Xx
-r

1 comment: