2.19.2011

Day Seventy Four

Well, I’m not sure where today went but this evening made up for any lost time. We dined at Michael and Carla’s where the wine flowed, the conversation bubbled, and the food...oh the food! As I am unable to come across an adjective that does it proper justice, I will just say that the food was divine.

As I returned home with two beautiful new jackets and a dress, (How wonderful is it to be the same size as someone who is both incredibly generous and incredibly fashionable?) I realized that I had yet to complete today’s post! Rushing for my dictionary, I came across a subject that had come up quite frequently at dinner, especially when comparing America to one of our host’s home country.

sur-plus n.  An amount beyond what is needed.



Tired of illustration and in possession of multiple loaves of bread, I opted for a medium not yet featured in this blog-photography. I wanted to portray today’s word in a whimsical, comical way. I tried several different approaches, and applied filters to the photographs to add to the mood.





I liked the idea of an animal standing atop a seemingly giant pile of bread. Originally, I had a dinosaur in mind but, after crawling around on the floor of my younger siblings’ playroom for what seemed like hours, there was not a dinosaur in sight. Darn! But, luckily, I came across this adorable little elephant after a little digging. Although I doubt this idea has masterpiece potential, I really enjoyed how it came out.

I hope you enjoyed today’s post; thanks for reading!!
Xx
-r

No comments:

Post a Comment