2.06.2011

Day Sixty One

Sitting here with my cup of tea, clicking away on my computer to the sounds of the Super Bowl Pretty Woman. Did anyone else’s weekend seem about 3 hours long? Grr! Oh well, time for some art.

So, because today’s word is perfect without any interpretation, I decided not to over think it. I loved today’s word, and not just because it came with a pretty little illustration...

ol-ive n. A small oval fruit from an evergreen tree with leathery leaves and yellow flowers, valuable as a source of oil.



See? Perfect.




I decided to do a very simple pastel of an olive. I sketched the olive out in pencil, and layered shades of green and brown until the color looked right. To give it a kind of background, I added some yellow around the olive.

Thanks for reading!! I hope you enjoyed today’s post, and whoever won the super bowl made you happy...and stuff.

Xx
-r

1 comment:

  1. This is very sweet... I love its softness and almost not-there-ness...
    love A Liza

    ReplyDelete