2.16.2011

Day Seventy One

Seventy One! It’s amazing to look back on the art so far. While searching though my box of art, I discovered something TERRIBLE!!  A piece...is missing!! Day Thirty Two is officially missing.


As we have approached day seventy one, there is a great chance that this piece will never be found. “Independent” was last seen at my mother’s house thirty nine days ago. Oh well, the search will continue...

Anyway, even before I knew today’s word, I knew that I wanted to create something different from my usual character-drawing trend. Although I do enjoy illustrating characters, I wanted to change it a little.

en-close v. To surround on all sides; to put in the same envelope or package with something else.



I was a little unsure of just what to create, until I read the definition. Then, I knew exactly what to make! I thought it would be a cute idea to create different-colored envelopes that fit inside each other like those Matryoshka dolls. (yes, it did take a Google search to figure that out)



First, I cut pieces of lightweight tagboard in various sizes and painted them.



Then, I folded them up into little (or big) envelopes.








Finally, I stacked them inside of each other. My favorite, of course, is the teeny little green one at the top.



I hope you enjoyed today’s post; thanks for reading!!

Xx
-r

No comments:

Post a Comment