2.13.2011

Day Sixty Eight

I’m currently writing this post to the sounds of Justin Bieber. I apologize for any errors found in this post; half of my brain has liquefied and is currently bleeding from my ears. I spent the early part of today at a lovely Valentine’s party, and the later part making paper flowers for a younger brother’s preschool class. I think it’s safe to say, by tomorrow, I will no longer feel the need to celebrate this Hallmark holiday. But, for those who do; I wish you the best.

After settling in at home, I plopped down in front of the TV to work on today’s post. After procuring a bright white piece of tagboard and a sharp pencil, I was ready to begin.

I’d never heard today’s word before, but as soon as my gaze dropped to the clean sheet of paper before me, I knew exactly what image to build there.

com-mo-di-ous adj. Roomy; spacious.



As I looked at the 9x12 sheet of paper, I realized how rarely I make use of the entire space, and decided that today’s word provided the perfect opportunity to do just this.





I wanted to use as little detail as possible and let the mind create its own “commodious” space on the foundation that the illustration set. I went with a simple, cute character and a single Edison bulb at opposite ends of the paper to leave it very open.

As always, thank you all for reading; I hope you enjoyed today’s post.

Xx
-r

No comments:

Post a Comment