2.11.2011

Day Sixty Six

Ah, it’s Friday!!! Finally, the day’s work is done. After a nice evening at the bookstore, we returned home with a French/English and a Spanish/English dictionary in hopes of labeling every object in the entire house and quickly learning both languages. Will it work? We shall see.

So, it took quite a while to figure out what to do for today’s word. I really didn’t want to do something glaringly obvious, but I still had to incorporate elements of today’s word. Alright...the word...

hide v. to put, or keep out of sight; to keep secret; to obscure from sight; to seek shelter. n. The skin of an animal.



Instead of illustrating someone “hiding”, as was my original intent, I decided to go with something different. I liked the idea of a very interesting, fashionable character who, while dressing to stand out, was also hiding.





I really like the way her shoes came out; I have a pair similar to them myself. The glasses are inspired by a pair owned by my brothers. The posture really appeals to me because she looks confident, and bold, while also curling up in a shy way as if to hide.

I hope you have a lovely night; thanks for reading!
Xx
-r

No comments:

Post a Comment