3.24.2011

Day One Hundred Seven

I’d like to begin this post with a shout-out to my incredible father who turned 85 today. Happy birthday!! I returned home from an outrageous sushi dinner, and got right down to work before I passed out.

Today’s word was really interesting; I began to draw without knowing quite where I wanted to end up, and the sketch seemed to pour from the pen without much guidance or consciousness on my part.

smash v. To break into small pieces; to move forward violently, as to shatter; to ruin.



Although the final sketch is nothing near this, the word “smash” reminded me of the scene in The Runaways where Cherie Currie (Dakota Fanning) smashes a pill underneath her shoe and snorts it from the stage before the band begins playing. This got me thinking about smashing things under-foot.





This sketch ended up with a woman smashing a heart with her foot. I love the strong, confident expression on her face. As it finished, I looked down and was surprised at how it had turned out-I really enjoy it.

Thank you for reading!

Xx
-r

No comments:

Post a Comment