3.07.2011

Day Ninety

Oh, gloomy Mondays... Although I have no excuse to be complaining about being tired (my schedule is dictated entirely by my record-breaking teenage sleeping patterns), it never stops me from doing so. Maybe some art will wake me up? Worth a shot...

I shuffled over to my dictionary this evening to find that its spine had been fully broken, and the cover had been ripped!! Although I admit that the living room floor is not the safest place for an unprotected, pocket-size dictionary, I suspect foul play.



So my dictionary, despite its sorry condition (I may be introducing it to a smidgen of duct tape before long) offered up a great word for today’s project.

pig-my n., pl. –ies A very small person or animal; a dwarf.



Having slowed to a halt at the towering height of 5’2”, I can definitely identify with today’s word. I wanted to illustrate a very small, very fashionable young character for today’s piece. So, I grabbed a piece of posterboard and a few pencils and began.






After I had finished the character, (and noticing the illustration had taken on a French-y theme) I decided to continue with the piece and add a background. I thought a street lamp would add a nice Parisian touch to the piece. I soon realized that (duh) I wouldn’t be able to show the “lamp” of the street lamp in order for the perspective to be correct (she is, after all, pygmy size). So, I decided to add another lamp a ways behind her. I used smudged pencil in order to convey a sense of romantic fogginess.

I hope you enjoyed today’s post; thanks for reading!!
Xx
-r  

No comments:

Post a Comment