3.21.2011

Day One Hundred Four

There was a strange feeling in the air today. The wind had picked up, yet the air remained thick and heavy. I’m not sure exactly what it was about today that was so strange; it was simply unnerving. After a brisk walk down by the river:

Wooh...dark!

I settled in on the couch to chow down on an ice cream sandwich and bring you today’s post. Today’s word made me laugh. Not because it’s a particularly funny word, but because it reminded me of a song my father used to play. (By “play”, I mean on his phone and by “used to”, I mean often.) This song always made me laugh; the lovely tune makes the lyrics almost unbelievable.


pig-eon n. A bird with short legs, a sturdy body, and a small head.



Kind of mean to the pigeons, there, right? Ah, well. So, I decided to illustrate this old song. I incorporated the windiness of today into the illustration; it really stuck with me (and, unfortunately, my hair).





I like the tiny size of this piece, and the fact that a few pigeons got away. I would also just like to state that I would never really poison a pigeon.

I hope you had a lovely Monday (hah! Guess who’s on spring break??) and thank you for reading.

Xx
-r

2 comments: