3.05.2011

Day Eighty Eight

Phew! Late post, people...apologies.

Today’s word is one that I think I don’t appreciate enough. When constantly striving to be best, first, different...whatever you may wish to be, it is hard to appreciate just how great the middle can be. Not that you should aim for mediocrity; far from it! But, I think it’s important to remember to give yourself a chance to appreciate the usual.

u-su-al  adj. Ordinary or common; regular; customary.



With today’s word, I wanted to illustrate an obviously stylish, driven, and (most likely) a workaholic character embracing the “usual” in terms of dress. I love conveying intelligent women who are serious about going out and accomplishing things without losing their femininity, grace, charm and elegance. While today’s character has a relaxed, slightly undone look, each aspect of her has still been carefully chosen to give a carefree look. In other words, I tried hard to make her look like she tried hard to look like she wasn’t trying hard. A lot for a piece of paper and a few smudged lines of pencil? I say never, but I’ll let you decide:






Thank you for reading; I hope you have a great night (or day, for those of you who retire at a decent hour).

Xx
-r

No comments:

Post a Comment