3.11.2011

Day Ninety Four

It’s Friday, eh? The weather was wonderful, breezy, and light. I managed to finish another sketch today, and color an older one:






Now, knowing what to do with today’s word stumped me, it confused me, you could even say it served to...

con-found v. To amaze, confuse, or perplex; to confuse one thing for another.  



I thought long and hard (and even began a few other drawings) before I knew what to do. I finally decided on a rather comical take on today’s word. It occurred to me that what I (and many other ladies) thought of as amazing, beautiful, and wonderful really confused most guys. I decided to illustrate that for today’s piece:




I love the mix of interest and mild disgust on his face coupled with the bright and excited look on her face.


I truly enjoy this time each day to close off from the (increasingly) insane world and draw pretty characters in poofy dresses. It’s a great escape. I hope it offers a bit of what it offers me, to you.
As always, thanks for reading.

Xx
-r

No comments:

Post a Comment