3.14.2011

Day Ninety Seven

 I offer my apologies in advance, dear reader/s, for the brief post. In hindsight, the upbeat tune of yesterday’s post was a little out-of-touch. I think the weekend got to my head-my school day is not yet over at...8:57 p.m. I’m not entirely sure, but I don’t think that’s quite right. Ah, well...onward...

Today’s word was perfect for today-just the sweet, cozy ending (almost) to a long day.

tea-cup n. A type of cup that is used for hot beverages.



It made me think of my nightly cup (or two) of tea, and one tea cup in particular. When visiting my mother, I always reach for the same dainty white tea cup whether it be for morning coffee, afternoon tea, or an evening scoop of ice cream (because ice cream out of a mug just tastes so much better). So, for today’s piece, I decided to illustrate my favorite white teacup.




Favoring the simplicity (and speed) of pencil, I decided to simply sketch today’s piece. I attempted a bit of shading on the cup, and then blended the pencil so the individual lines did not stand out.

As always, I hope you enjoyed today’s post; thank you for reading and grab yourself a nice cup of tea.

Xx
-r

No comments:

Post a Comment