3.02.2011

Day Eighty Five

Oh, it’s a late night. Today, I worked over at the Auntie’s house. Having recently taken a class on bookmaking, she taught me how to make my very own reporter’s notebook!!



We used a couple of giant (scary) clamps to keep the paper straight, and glued it on one end.




Then, she guided me through gluing the cover to the pages!




She even made one (much, much nicer) herself!



I can’t wait to use my brand new notebook! To see what she’s been up to, check out her page; “MacKomics Studio” on Facebook!


Today was very productive, as I managed to get another sketch completed:




Now for today’s post...

I had never heard of today’s word before and, frankly, didn’t think it sounded all that great. After a little Google image search, I had cleared up some confusion and was ready to sketch.

snood n. A type of band that can be worn in a woman’s hair.




I began drawing a woman’s head from behind, showing her wearing a “snood”. Not wanting to stop there, I drew the rest of her. As I kept drawing, I decided to create a fitted dress that was interesting and classic at the same time.

I left the dress partially backless; I like the contrast between the eye-catching openness of the back of the dress and the prim and proper look of the buttons all the way down. I added a polka-dotted bow to the top of the “snood” to give it a little extra decoration.




After I’d inked the drawing, and gotten a consultation, I decided to use pastels to color the dress (and the bow) a deep, red wine color. I layered red pastel over gray to darken it a little, and blended it with q-tips.




I really like the way this came out; I’m very happy with the way the color came out. I’m not sure I would change this drawing if I could, so I guess that is a good sign.

I hope you enjoyed this post; thank you for reading!
Have a great night!

Xx
-r

3 comments:

  1. Ruby! I LOVE the the Dress.... really well drawn! I love the snood illustration too, but that first one Really POPS!
    Great to have you over yesterday sweetie!
    Love Auntie

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think maybe YOU should get into fashion...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!! Yeah, mummers. Maybe I'll write about it! Don't know if I have the enenergy to be directly involved in that rollercoaster!

    ReplyDelete