3.12.2011

Day Ninety Five

Well, it has been a wonderful Saturday. Although I got little or no (more like NO) actual work done, today was a very satisfactory start to my weekend.

Today’s word tied in perfectly with a conversation I’d had the other day about spotting a vintage car downtown. We were admiring the timeless elegance, the long-forgotten class, and the way those cars just seem to...

purr n. The low, murmuring sound characteristic of a cat. purr v.



At first I dismissed the car idea; I have not drawn a car since elementary school (you know the ones that look like cardboard boxes with wheels?) and didn’t want to completely bomb today’s project. But then, I thought, how will I ever learn to draw anything new if I don’t start somewhere? So, I took out a pencil and started to sketch. After a lot of erasing and even more intense studying of a page on Google images, I can safely say I have not progressed much farther than those cardboard-box cars...



Although it isn’t the greatest (or even the most recognizable) image, I had a blast drawing it. I know that it’s important to work outside of your comfort zone and see what works (or really, really does not work) for you artistically; it’s something I need to continually remind myself of. I think, despite its wacked-out perspective and lack of...well...car-ness, this sketch is growing on me.

Enjoy your night and, as always, thanks for reading.

Xx
-r 

No comments:

Post a Comment