3.16.2011

Day Ninety Nine

Sleepy, sleepy!! I am looking forward to the St. Patrick’s Day parade tomorrow and...100 days at The Ink Drop! Woah! I can’t believe it’s been this long. At the same time, though, it seems to have flown by. So, because it is late and I seem to be exhausted, I will get to the post...

I think I have started a trend (can it be called a trend after two days?) of creating art very loosely based on the words I am “given”. I actually kind of enjoy the freedom.

gen-er-ous adj. Sharing freely; abundant; overflowing.



This one sort of stumped me. Maybe at 10 at night I’m a little less capable of coming up with something interesting, but I just wasn’t sure what to do with today’s word. I couldn’t get the idea of generous in the sense of “a generous amount” out of my head, though. Unsure of where exactly that would lead me, I began to draw.
I added a HUGE amount of hair at the top of her head; I have become a serious fan of the “messy topknot” hairstyle lately:



Anyways, I added this hairstyle to my character to convey a sense of a “generous amount”. Then, I decided to add a flowing robe. After I’d finished the robe, I used pastels to add a little color and help add some shading to the hair and robe.




I hope you enjoyed today’s post! Thanks for reading.

Xx
-r

1 comment:

  1. Happy 100th Birthday, old woman!!!!!!!!! You're so mignonne!!!!

    ReplyDelete