1.02.2011

Day Twenty Six

After spending part of the afternoon in the woods with a metal detector (total haul: a pull tab, a nail, and a rusty piece of wire) I was inspired to draw some trees for today’s piece. Before I talk about the word...let me tell you what it is:

ray  n.  A thin line of radiation or light; a small trace or amount; one of several lines coming from a point.

Okay, now that you are enlightened, I will talk about the word...

The word ray made me immediately think of a ray of light. Today, although it is winter and they have no leaves, the trees blocked most sunlight from reaching the ground (making is super, super cold). Once in a while a ray of light would come through the trees and reach the ground. This is one of the things I absolutely love about the forest. It’s kind of magical when you can actually see a line of light coming down from the sky. Anyway, I decided to sketch this scene. Very quick sketch...


 I used white paint (to spare my white pen from being 
completely used up). 
I was kind of disappointed that it did not entirely white-out the sketch underneath it but maybe the washed out bits that show through add depth? ß I’ll just keep telling myself that.

Have a great night, people!!

Xx
-r

2 comments:

  1. Hey this one is great - you should post a few of those pics Cait has of you with the 'detector! ps. just add a few more coats of paint and the tree sketch will be gone! Love A. Liza

    ReplyDelete