1.07.2011

Day Thirty One

Day thirty one...wow. Taking a quick break from silk screening to bring you a quick pen and ink sketch...

Today’s word was perfect!! Although I was too much of a ninny to travel further outdoors than the porch of our house, I quickly determined that it was really, really cold. I watched as the trees outside my window bent almost double in the high winds, and decided that today was a good day to stay inside.

Back to our word, though...

chill-y  adj.  Very cold; without warmth of temperature or feeling.


To make up for yesterday’s lame excuse for a posting, I decided to go all-out with the color. A couple boxes of Dad’s old pastels helped to bring today’s image to life a little.


ahh, blending...




 I liked the idea of standing calmly on a winter day; although she may be quite chilly, she seems to almost enjoy the quiet. It reminds me of the times last winter that I (and my reluctant accomplice/father) spent shooting photographs late at night in the snow. The blanket of white made familiar places new again; the world was quiet and (apart from the occasional car) we were on our own. There really is nothing like it. 


Well, I will cease my rambling and let you get back to your night...

As always, I hope you enjoyed today’s post.

Xx
-r

2 comments: