1.25.2011

Day Forty Nine

Ah, settling in with a hot cup of tea. Dad is presenting weird number theories and we’ve all pulled out our phones. (When did I reach the point where I couldn’t do basic math and began to rely completely on my cell phone’s calculator??!) I did start a new sketch...there's work to be done but it's coming along:



 Enough of this insanity...back to the blog!!

Today’s word, although more extreme, follows in the footsteps of yesterday’s word. Maybe it’s just me, but this word made me immediately start humming “Psycho Killer” by The Talking Heads. If you are unfamiliar with this song...I pity you. I also recommend following this link before you continue:


“don’t touch me I’m a real live wire psycho killer...qu’est-ce que c’est...fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa far better run run run run run run awayyy...”

Okay...I’m done...

Anyway, this song has absolutely nothing to do with today’s drawing. But it’s a good one. Would you like to know the word...?

Yeah. I figured you would...

live wire  n., Slang An energetic person.


So, I decided to do a real character today. I wanted to draw a young woman who was still carefree and very spunky. She’s strange and a little spastic, but I found myself liking her more as the drawing came closer to a finishing point.




In case you are confused by the hair situation, she is supposed to be wearing aviator goggles. The straps pull her hair in at the sides. 


I hope you enjoy today’s piece. Thanks for reading!!

Xx
-r

No comments:

Post a Comment