1.26.2011

Day Fifty

I can’t tell you how excited I was about today’s word...but I will definitely try. So, I grab the dictionary and flip through until my finger lands on a word. I look down, and there it was. Ah!! I thought to myself I love this word! It’s amazing. It’s wonderful. Well...what can I do with it?

Before I tell you, I should probably tell you what the word is...


noodle n. A flat strip of dried dough made with eggs and flour.



I thought, and thought...and eventually came across memories of taking care of my younger brothers. I remembered fun outings, long afternoons at the park, and trips to the ice cream store. The parts of these events that I remember most clearly are the endings. You know that moment, when you’re doing something fun for a small child, and it’s time to leave? The resulting screaming and kicking fit has always stuck with me. At least they were young enough, at this point, that we could pick them up and carry them out. As they gave up fighting, they would try their last option; something my mother nicknamed “the limp noodle”. Enter: today’s word. In order to make themselves as heavy as possible (trust me, it works...they magically gain like 100 pounds) they go completely limp. With the unexpected added weight, you strain to keep from dropping them as you haul them out and home. It’s difficult to keep from bursting out laughing at being in this ridiculous situation. Wow, that was quite a build-up! Well, anyway, I think you know what I decided to illustrate today. Alright, I’ll stop writing now and show you the pictures:





I like the simple pencil sketch and was afraid of losing the emotion in the eyes by inking the drawing.

I really hope you enjoyed today’s post. Thanks for reading!!

Xx
-r

1 comment: