1.11.2011

Day Thirty Five

Saying today was cold is like saying getting shot in the knee might sting a little... Deciding to walk to my hair appointment was maybe not the best of ideas, but well worth the touch of frostbite.

couldn't help it...gotta to show it off

Time to curl up a few inches from the space heater and defrost just enough to scrawl a sketch onto a piece of paper. (okay, now I’m just being dramatic) Today’s word made me think of some unwritten social rules, and the almost ridiculous way that people follow them.

dis-tance  n. Separation in time or space; the degree of separation between two points; the space that separates any two specified points in time; the quality or state of being distant; aloofness.


Phew!!

Anyway, it made me think of that awkward hug people give each other when they’re practically strangers. The one where they stand about 3 feet apart and lean in and pat each other on the back... I can’t stand that hug. I mean, if you’re going to hug someone, actually hug them. If you’re not comfortable enough to do that, you shouldn’t be hugging them in the first place...that’s what handshakes are for, people!

Okay, enough ranting about “air hugs”. I decided not to sketch the scene I just described, and instead to go for something sweeter and arguably much more awkward...





 I like that they are leaning so far, they are about to fall.

Hope you are enjoying your read, your night, and your warm house. It’s harsh winter days like this that make me extra grateful for what I have.

Xx
-r

2 comments:

  1. Just stumbled upon your blog through Liza's FB page. Love it. You are quite talented in a multi-faceted way. Wish I had more time to read all of your posts. I am right this very moment, typing in front of a space heater and plotting my next move. I don't know why I just don't move to a warm climate already. Brrrr...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha!! It's been pretty dang cold! Thanks for checking out the blog!

    ReplyDelete