1.16.2011

Day Forty

Day forty! Holy cow! Only 325 days left to go...

It’s often liberating; not having a plan for your art. I love the feeling of opening up the dictionary with no expectations. I try not to have a plan in place for how the art turns out before I see what my word will be. This way, the art is spontaneous and (hopefully) new.

Well, today I had a plan. I had a plan in place the second I walked to my desk to get art supplies. I knew exactly what to get, and how my piece would turn out. Then, I saw my word.

Would you like to know what it is?

fish bowl  n.  A bowl usually made of glass, serving as a small aquarium for fish; a lack of privacy.


As soon as I saw the word, I tossed my plans aside in favor of something much more interesting.





I liked the comical idea of a girl being in a fishbowl. Although I had originally intended her to be stuck, she seems almost to be just hanging out there, blowing bubbles with a straw. I used oil pastels to add some color, because they are easy to blend to create that watery look.

I hope you enjoy today’s artwork and your night.

Xx
-r

No comments:

Post a Comment