1.28.2011

Day Fifty Two

Worked a bit on some side projects today. We had miracle 50 degree weather this afternoon; every hipster and their sidekick were out to play. After a long day, I’ve settled down in front of the tube for some Star Trek: The Next Generation (and am enjoying the hell out of it just in case you were wondering). Alright, enough about my day...it’s time for some blogging.

With today’s word, I had plenty of options. I had a few good ideas, but one image really stuck with me. Much of the time, I’m fortunate enough to have a loose idea of what to create pop into my head upon reading the day’s word. Today, the idea was very clear and well-formed. I knew exactly what would appear on the page, and managed to follow through with it from start to finish. Okay, okay. I’ll tell you the word before you get confused.

crumb  n.  A small fragment of material, particularly bread.


There are just so many options for this word! Luckily, as I said before, I knew exactly what I wanted to do. As I began to sketch out this character, it began to take on a life of its own and grow steadily creepier.





As the hands came into being, I realized that this character was no ordinary one. After all, what ordinary character could be found down on the floor collecting crumbs? I imagine her, much like a small mouse, scuttling out from the shadows in search of bits of leftover food. To me, she is more animal-like than human. I try not to read too much into my art, and let other people make their own opinions but I couldn’t help myself with today’s art.

I hope you enjoyed today’s post. Thank you for reading!

Xx
-r

No comments:

Post a Comment