1.03.2011

Day Twenty Seven

Spending a lovely evening with the cousin...drawing, painting, failing at silk screening...and then it was time for some work on the Ink Drop.

After some searching (does NOT count as cheating!!!!)...I came across what I knew would make a great word for today. I toyed with the word for a bit, and wound up with a provocative and interesting (hopefully) image.

Would you like to know the word?? Are you sure?? I don’t think you asked nicely enough...Don’t look at me like that...okay, fine jeez!! I’ll tell you. But ONLY you...

im-mod-est  adj. Lacking modesty; indecent; boastful.


As you can see, this could result in some interesting work. Today’s piece is, I hope, just that.



I began in pencil, traced over in pen, and then decided to add a paint layer as a background. As you can see by the eraser and pencil marks, I had a lot of trouble creating just the right look for today. This was part of the reason for me adding the background, but I like the way it turned out...





Hope you enjoy!

Xx
-r

2 comments: