1.24.2011

Day Forty Eight

Ooh...late post. Spent the whole day working on school stuff. Darn. I did manage to ink a drawing, though:



Anyway, I really liked today’s word because it reminded me of a relative of mine. She sort of embodies this word. Although it was impossible to capture the true level of “bubbly” that is this cousin of mine, but I really tried. Alright, let’s get to the word:

jaun-ty  adj.  Having a buoyantly carefree and self-confident air or matter about oneself.


No matter the circumstances, she is always incredibly upbeat. I have always been inspired by her to be more jaunty. I just did a simple sketch in pencil for today’s word. I added a little color for the mouth and hair to make it pop.




I’m not entirely satisfied with this piece; it is much, much harder to capture a real person’s personality in a drawing than it is to just create your own character. Sounds like a good exercise for later!

Thanks for reading!! Hope you have a great night!

Xx
-r


3 comments:

  1. I think u are spendid! I like your creative eye, and the unique way you see the world. Keep drawing!
    www.thediaryofanunwillingblooddonor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol splendid. sorry bout the misspell. :)

    ReplyDelete