1.21.2011

Day Forty Five

Did a little linoleum block carving today. I am pretty thoroughly convinced it is not for me. Oh well, I gave it my best. I have one piece I have not carved-that will most likely be my final attempt. Now for some bloggin’

Today’s word brought an image to mind that I knew I had to bring to life. It’s not original, or even particularly interesting. Cute, maybe. Funny, yes. Would you like to know the word before you see the piece? Yeah...that’s probably the order we should go in.

head-set  n.  A pair of headphones.



Now, I don’t know about you, but if I didn’t know what a headset was, this definition probably wouldn’t help me all that much.



Although this scene/character is not at all a new idea, I couldn’t help but create my own version. I started with a pencil sketch...



And then moved on to the paint. 



I decided against inking the drawing; I didn’t want to lose the soft edges and the easy flow of her hair to the deep, clean black of my drawing pens.

Hope you enjoyed today’s piece. Enjoy your night, and sleep in for me tomorrow. Good night, all!

Xx
-r

No comments:

Post a Comment