6.28.2011

Day Two Hundred Two

Ah, writing in from gorgeous Montana. If I had the ability, I'd upload some photographs of Yellowstone but I didn't think to bring along a card reader...eh.
I settled down with a hot cup of tea and a piece of toast (it's actually cold here!!) to figure out how today's post would turn out. As soon as I read the word, I had a pretty clear idea of the illustration I wanted to end up with.  I twisted the word a little bit in order to make it fit my idea.

bell n. A metal instrument that gives a metallic sound when struck.



I really liked the idea of a sort of Victorian dress shaped similar to a bell. I wanted to really channel Gorey on this one; I sought out my most finely-tipped pen to work heavily on small detailing and shading. 



I got a kick out of this character. She seems proud yet self-conscious. 

Good evening everyone.

Xx
-r

 

No comments:

Post a Comment