6.19.2011

Day One Hundred Ninety Four

Whew!! Finally all caught up on this blog...

Coming upon today’s word was actually kind of an unusual experience. As soon as I read it, I knew exactly what I was going to illustrate. Not in the sense that I had just a concept or even a plan...I could actually see the product I wanted to end up with.

First!

The word...

im-plo-sion n. The action of bringing to a center.



Alright, so, back to the story. This was one of the rare occasions in which, after having been able to envision exactly the piece I wanted to bring onto the page, I was able to pull it off and come up with what I had seen in my head.



I remember, in grade school, some young kid learned the word “implode” and it became the new cool thing to discuss every gruesome (over-imagined) detail of what an imploding head would look like. This stuck with me; it seemed to be such a serious topic at the time; it’s just become funnier as I get older. I like that this piece is very clean and minimalistic while coming across as pretty creepy.

Enjoy the few remaining hours of your weekend.

Xx
-r

No comments:

Post a Comment