6.06.2011

Day One Hundred Eighty One

Well, in retrospect, I think the celebration of yesterday’s low (and the expectation that it would be over in the morning) was a bit premature. Oh well. Today, also, marks the first roller derby practice of the season. I’m happy to say that I’m a better skater than most of the girls there...the girls under 10...okay, half of the girls under 10. I’m pretty sure I’ll feel like an 88 year old man tomorrow morning...but it’ll be worth it. (I’m not sure how yet...but I’ll let you know.)

Well, today’s word began as a total cop-out, but it turned into something more.

la-pel n. the front part of a garment, especially that of a coat, that is turned back, usually a continuation of the collar.



Lately, I’ve been fond of drawing simply the top part of a suit; something about the look of a suit jacket and a bowtie really appeals to me. So, I decided to try to continue the suit to completion; just to see if I could get it in proportion.



I rather enjoy the way this one came out. I left the head/face blank in order to keep it simple and focus attention on the suit itself.

Phew! I believe it’s time to pass OUT now.

Xx
-r

No comments:

Post a Comment